cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8720 DOES NOT print 12x12 files

Poppy26
Contributor

I bought this printer because it was specifically advertised as being able to print 12x12 for scrapbooking. Now I'm seeing that the only way to actually do that is to buy 13x19 paper and trim it down, which is extremely wasteful. Is there no other way? Is there any particular reason Canon neglects to include that in the product description? If this is the case, I will spend the rest of this year (at least) writing enough reviews to make sure everyone I come into contact with on social media knows that they're going to waste enough paper using this printer to wallpaper a house. SO ANGRY 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kadman59
Contributor
The ip8720 DOES support Custom paper sizing. NOTE however, to access the Custom paper size found in the Page Size drop-down list, the Page LAYOUT must NOT be set to Borderless.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Kadman59
Contributor
The ip8720 DOES support Custom paper sizing. NOTE however, to access the Custom paper size found in the Page Size drop-down list, the Page LAYOUT must NOT be set to Borderless.

Brilliant tip! Thanks very much 👍👍👍

Kadman59
Contributor
Also, custom paper sizes with user-specified margins can be added via the Print Server setting on Windows-based PCs/laptops. I've been using Print Server literally for decades to add custom paper sizes to any/all printers including virtual printers for PDFs...

Yep, this is how I've been doing it.  Thanks!!

Any work arounds for Mac users? 

saschacanada
Apprentice
I have an IP8720 as well and actually curious where you added the 12 x 12 as custom? I have both the old and new versions of Canon EasyPrint and I don't see custom as a Paper Size? I didn't uncheck borderless. Which software do you use for printing? I must be looking in the wrong place but would really love to make this work 🙂

Hi! 

On my laptop I went to Printers then started a print job. I had to chamge the paper setting to "other" and had to fiddle with the borderless thing. Don't remember if I checked or unchecked. If you don't bet it to work, respond here amd I will chwck for the exact settings. 

saschacanada
Apprentice
Meant to say "I did uncheck borderless"

Kadman59
Contributor
I am not printing via the Canon EasyPrint app...I'm printing from other differing photo editing apps and I'm establishing my print job settings including custom paper sizes via the printer settings as installed in the Windows operating system by the printer driver installation app. Also as stated in a previous post, I sometimes use the Print Server feature present in the Windows operating system to add custom media/paper sizes not present in or installed by the printer driver.

Kadman59
Contributor
Hi Saschacanada,
I'm not printing via the Canon EasyPrint app...I'm printing from other differing photo editing apps and I'm establishing my print job settings including custom paper sizes via the printer settings as installed in the Windows operating system by the printer driver installation app. Also as stated in a previous post elsewhere in this thread, I sometimes use the Print Server feature present in the Windows operating system to add custom media/paper sizes not present in or installed by the printer driver.
Announcements