cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP8700 - B200 Error

stanleyprinter
Apprentice

I've had this issue for well over 2 years but recently got pressed to solve this again. Wasn't able to contact support because I didn't know the purchase date of my canon device. (2015 sometime)

b200 page.PNGip8700 b200.PNG

Plan to call support this monday to attempt to solve this issue which I believe is with the print header. But figured I would ask here and reply if I'm able to solve the issue.

-SZ

2 REPLIES 2

NaLaStL
Apprentice

I hope you reach support.  I have tried all morning.  Looks like the print head is the problem as I see the error code B200 in old posts for other printers.  Some say deep leaning the head may work - at least until a different brand printer can be bought to replace unsupported ca 2015 Cannons 😞

ballparq1
Apprentice

Ive had 3 ip8720 printers over the last 5 years. All 3 eventually have the same problem. My B&W prints start looking pink. I clean the print head using the printer functions multiple times to no avail. I then remove the printhead and clean it with hot water. Once it worked and once it didnt. I bought a cheap replacement printhead off Amazon and I get the dreaded B200 error. They are junk. Now my third printer has done the same thing. Pink tinge to all my B&W prints. Color prints look fine. I tried another Amazon printhead and same result B200. Canon needs to address this issue. I love the printer which is stlll under warranty so I may try calling to see what suggestions they may have. Im not feeling too positive about technical support after reading all the problems just trying to reach them. I guess I will give the hot water cleanse a try and hopefully that will work. Ive got a 50/50 chance. If I have to buy yet another printer it wont be a Canon this time. Three times is enough. This one is only 6 months old. I print about 25-50 photos per week so it's not what I called overly worked.

Announcements