cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA iP4920 Driver Download issue

packpac
Apprentice

My HP desktop with Windows 10 suffered a massive failure and I lost everything including my Canon printer drivers.  My personal tech had the cpu for over a week and told me the hard drive was not damaged.  I have tried several times to download new drivers for my iP4920 and receive the message that the printer cannot be detected even though I know the cable is working and the printer is turned on.  Help.  The printer worked flawlessly despite its age before the software failure.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@packpac wrote:

My HP desktop with Windows 10 suffered a massive failure and I lost everything including my Canon printer drivers.  My personal tech had the cpu for over a week and told me the hard drive was not damaged.  I have tried several times to download new drivers for my iP4920 and receive the message that the printer cannot be detected even though I know the cable is working and the printer is turned on.  Help.  The printer worked flawlessly despite its age before the software failure.

"I have tried several times to download new drivers for my iP4920"

You only need to download the drivers once to install the printer:

Support | iP Series | PIXMA iP4920 | Canon USA

In general drivers for USB devices should be installed prior to connecting the device to the computer.  Not doing this can cause problems with detection and installation issues.  Have you tried installing the drivers, and connecting the printer to another USB port when prompted?  

"Massive failure"?  Do other USB devices work when connected.  You may want to verify this before trying to install another device.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

packpac
Apprentice

Thank you all for looking and thank you for the one reply.

I corrected the problem by removing the printer from the computer and then re-installing it as a new device.  Obviously the drivers were still there.

Announcements