cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6420a Drivers and Software for Windows 8

CanonPixmaTS64
Apprentice

Hello,

I have recently bought Canon PIXMA TS6420a printer/scanner, however when trying to install drivers and the software I have found out that it does not support Windows 8 (the operating system I am currently running).

The printer is working fine when I connected it to the computer with a USB cable.

Is there any work-around like a generic scanner software or something of that sort in order to be able to scan? Would hate to return a perfectly good printer to Best Buy over this...

2 REPLIES 2

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that you need to scan from your PIXMA TS6420a to a Windows 8 computer.

The TS6420a is not compatible with Windows 8, but we do have software and drivers for Windows 8.1. Please check your computer’s operating system. If it is running Windows 8.1, please go to the following website to find the TS6400 series MP Drivers:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-ts6420a

Once the page is open, please click on SOFTWARE & DRIVERS to the right of the picture of the printer, and then make sure the Operating System and Version is set to Windows/ Windows 8.1 (X64). Next, scroll to the bottom of the list and click on LOAD MORE. Then, you can look for the TS6400 series MP Drivers. This driver option contains the scanner driver and the IJ Scan Utility.

If your computer is running Windows 8 (and not 8.1), you may be able to use the Windows Fax and Scan app. Most computers since Windows 7 have had this app installed. If you don’t see this app in your computer’s list of programs, I recommend checking to see if you can download it from the Microsoft website.

You may also be able to scan using the Paint program on your computer. Once you open Paint, you can do the following:

1. Click on the FILE button.
  2. Select FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA in the menu that drops down.
  3. Select the scan settings.
  4. Start scanning.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Isn't upgrading from Windows 8 to 8.1 simple and free? 

Announcements