cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS6300 Printers Constantly Offline

Journey515
Apprentice

I have 2 TS6300 printers and they're horrible.  They constantly go "offline".  When I troubleshoot them, I get a message to turn them on, but they are already on.   I bought them for my small business and every day I'm losing money.  I've never had so many problems with printers, ever.  Any advice?  

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What are they connected to and how?  What OS are you using them with?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Journey515
Apprentice

Hi. I'm using a laptop, HP Envy.  I set both printers up to print wirelessly.  The wifi is connected.  I was able to print to one of the printers, tried again, a few mins later, and it was offline.  It's just not making sense, why. 

Greetings,

Two instances of an identical printer might cause issues unless take some steps to help the OS identify them independently.  This is what I might do.  Control Panel > Device and Printers.  Right-click and select remove for each printer from the context menu.

Now, log into your router and view attached devices.  Set or reserve static IPs for each printer.  Don't just look at what the router has assigned, but instead ensure the devices will always receive static or persistent IP's.  This will be called "Address Reservation" or Static IP" etc.

Armed with this information, return to the Device and Printers applet in Control Panel.  Use the Add Printer dialog.  Select the printer I want is not listed...

On the next page Select Add printer by TCP/IP address or hostname radio button, then press next.

Now enter the first static IP address for the first printer (lets call it A) After its been added and before closing the dialog, give it a unique name (example) "Canon TS6300-A".  Do the same for Printer "B".  You'll now have 2 easily identifiable printers installed, one named with A and the other B.  You can use location information or anything that is meaningful to you.  Moving forward you and your computer (or any device on your network) will always be able to correctly identify or find the printers using its set IP address.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements