cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS5120 Driver installing failing to detect printer connection

RKSz
Apprentice

I am trying to install drivers for a PIXMA TS5120 printer and the driver installer fails and says there is no USB printer connection.  The printer is connected - Windows can detect the printer, web browsers can detect it (I can print webpages) and all other programs can detect it.  I previously was able to install the drivers before I had to do a system restore and I have not changed the USB connection for the printer.  
Is there a way to get around this error and install the drivers so I can use the printer again?

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know which  version Windows operating system is running on your computer.  Any 
other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. The forum is not intended for immediate support. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.   I had to recently reset my system but previously I had installed the printer and driver and it worked fine.   There was no issue during the set-up with the driver installer detecting the printer.  What other information would be useful?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start by removing the printer from your system.  Start menu > Control Panel > Device and Printers.

Find the printer, right-click on it and select remove from the context menu.

Return to control Panel > Programs and Features.  Review the list of installed programs.  If an entry for Canon drivers or utilities exists, uninstall them.  

Now, disconnect the printer from its USB port (unplug it)  Not from power, from the PC.

Restart your computer. (important)

Visit the support portal for your printer and download this software.

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwODc3OTAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

Run the installer > Do not connect the printer until you are prompted to do so.

Try a different USB port. 

Let us know if this is successful.

If by chance you are using a 3rd party anti-virus application other than Windows Defender, try disabling that before running the installer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements