cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3522 Transparent film compatibility

mrrurball
Apprentice

Best printer that works with transparent film?? Please help me out 

I want to get into cyanotype but don’t know the best printer to purchase that works with transparencies

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Although transparencies aren't officially supported, you should be able to print on them without issues.  ***Make sure you buy the ones specific for your printer inkjet or laserjet.

If you use the wrong type it can melt or get jammed up in the printer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

You didn’t answer my question. Would this printer work with transparent film?

IMG_0700.jpeg

this printer work with transparent film? 

If you have questions, feel free to reach out to support.

@mrrurball wrote:

You didn’t answer my question. Would this printer work with transparent film?

IMG_0700.jpeg

this printer work with transparent film? 

Actually, I did.  I told you transparencies are not supported, but you can print on most devices as long as you use a brand intended for the type of printer inkjet or laser.

You didn't specify a specific model.  Now you have.  TS2532.  Use one sheet at a time.  Feed through back.  Black, reds and purple are the best colors to use.  Show up best on overheads, are most legible and easy to read.  Purchase high quality transparencies.  The majority will tell you if a particular printer brand is supported.  Canon, HP, Epson, etc.  They also normally tell you what settings they recommend, since most printers themselves do not support paper type: "Transparency"

@Stephen, thanks for jumping in.😀

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements