cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3150 & TS5050 Transparency Film Compatibility

Emilia1
Apprentice

Hello, I want to sunprint something and have 2 printers avaliable; PIXMA TS3150 and PIXMA TS5050, I know most don't support Transparent printig but I read that it is possible on some so I'd like to know if it's possible with my printers 😊

Emilia1_0-1720338898793.png

Emilia1_1-1720338945802.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

Yes, there are transparency films designed for inkjet printers. I have one, given to me, called "Pictorio Premium OHP Transparency Film".  Website is www.pictorio.com.  I've used one sheet. The image is very light, much less density than a print on paper looks. A quick web search for "inkjet transparency films" will show you lots more.

DO NOT USE films for laser printers or or plain acetate/other materials.  Inkjet films are treated/coated so the ink adheres and dries quickly. Otherwise you get a wet, smeared mess. 

What exactly is "sun printing", and how does the transparency you print get used?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Welcome to The Canon Community, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Community is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market. Neither of those printers are sold or supported by our team here at Canon USA.

If you live outside the United States, please CLICK HERE and select your country or region for your support needs.

You're welcome to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

normadel
Authority
Authority

Yes, there are transparency films designed for inkjet printers. I have one, given to me, called "Pictorio Premium OHP Transparency Film".  Website is www.pictorio.com.  I've used one sheet. The image is very light, much less density than a print on paper looks. A quick web search for "inkjet transparency films" will show you lots more.

DO NOT USE films for laser printers or or plain acetate/other materials.  Inkjet films are treated/coated so the ink adheres and dries quickly. Otherwise you get a wet, smeared mess. 

What exactly is "sun printing", and how does the transparency you print get used?

That URL isn't loading for me, normadel. Can you double-check it?

Oh well, didn't work for me either.  B&H Photo sells it, though.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/545009-REG/Pictorico_PICT35011_Premium_OHP_Transparency_Film....

sun printing is a process that "bleaches" fabric under it with a UV reactive dye and the transparent print blocks the UV making a print on the material

Thank you so much for the link.

You're very welcome. You can search the web and find a bunch of others.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements