PIXMA TS3522 Ink Cartridges Running Out Too Quickly

sabellj
Apprentice

I have a TS3522 printer. Compared to my old 1980 printer this one uses ink very quickly and I seldom print. I purchased it last October and have replaced cartridges at least 4x. Anyone else have this issue? Also seems to grab several sheets at a time when printing.  Frustrated  my old hp printer was so much better. 

4 REPLIES 4

sabellj
Apprentice

Viewing posts and seems most are in the unanswered section!! Doesn’t seem like Canon consumers are very important to you.. my 1st time posting. . Service is very important to consumers

Hi, sabellj!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

tornadojoe87
Apprentice

It's been that way for at least 2 whole years now since I had that exact problem when I bought it and with the second and third ink cartridges I bought from Walmart, and then I bought some more yesterday and printed 14 pages of black text and it's more than half empty...  The printer has been sitting unused for quite some time after the second ink replacement, but I had to print registration packet so I had to waste yet another nearly $40 just to print those 14 pages..  Back in 2003 I printed out an entire book which took more than 600 full letter paper pages and it did that without even running out of ink!  I bet it would cost me literally tens of thousands of dollars in ink just to print that same book on this TS3522....  TS must stand for Total Scam, Thanks Sucker, or Total Sh*+. 

There are two different sizes of ink for this unit (well, three if you count the starter): the "normal" size and the XL. Because you hadn't used your printer in a while, it may have had to do some cleaning to ensure the printheads were clear of any solidified or gummy ink. Those cleaning cycles can use up quite a bit of ink. Ensuring your printer has ink and is always on will keep it in perfect running condition when needed. You can also get the XL ink set right here: TAP ME 👈🏻

Announcements