cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TS3320 Trouble getting it set up

gherson
Contributor

None of my Windows 10 Canon software, nor my Canon PRINT app can currently connect to my PIXMA TS3320 printer, so I'm left with manual configuration to try and correct that.  But when I press the Setup button on the PIXMA TS3320 console, it simply cycles through 17 pages.  Where is it documented what I can do with those 17 setup pages??  (Neither the .pdf manual nor the online manual seem to be able to tell me.)  All I see is, "1", "2", "3", etc. flash.  If I then press, e.g., "Color", all that happens is that I hear lots of clacking.  The printer's console doesn't tell me what it is trying to do.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Start here and see if this helps.

Canon Knowledge Base - Easy Wireless Setup With Windows - PIXMA TS3320, TS3322

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That is where to start but I have tried the ij.start.canon setup more than a few times. It ends with "Connection failed" 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Tell us about your wireless network?

The printer has a 2.4 GHz radio. It can only connect to a 2.4 GHz broadcast using WPA2 AES encryption.  

If your router is dual or tri-band and is using the same SSID name for all broadcasts, this can cause connection issues.  

You could try giving each broadcast a unique name.  Example, mynetwork2.4, mynetwork5G. You can also temporarily disable the 5G broadcast and then re-enable after the printer is connected to the 2.4Hz network.  Ensure the encryption is WPA2 or WPA3/WPA2 to ensure backwards compatibility.  WPA2 is very secure, so don't worry.

The printer does need to be in wireless setup mode when detection of the wireless network is taking place in order to communicate.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks but my options for configuring my Gateway 6E (at https://www.optimum.net/internet/manage-router/) are limited to changing the network name/password and the radio channel for the router's 2.4, 5, and 6Hz bands. "2.4, 5 and 6 GHz share the same network name and password", as the router's page says.  I cannot selectively turn any band off.  (Security is WPA2 and "Signal Mode" is "802.11 a/n/ac/ax".) 

Does anyone have advice?  Do I need another printer?

I confirmed with Canon Support as well as Optimum that there was no good reason for my inability to connect the printer to my wifi router, as the 2.4 GHz band was operational (though I didn't ask for the 5 and 6 GHz bands to be shut down).  To restore printing I had to go back to my old router.

So those 17 pages of setup options mentioned in my first post are useless apparently, the printer's wifi setup capabilities are (yet again) proved lousy and it gives up without even an error message.  But, again, I'm printing.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I just noticed you have multiple topics posted for the same issue.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements