cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR8520 SCANNING ISSUES running MAC OS 10.15.7 Catalina

treewatts
Contributor

When scanning a 5 page document, the Canon IJS Scan Utility Lite no longer shows all 5 pages--it only shows three. I was told by customer service to simply click and hold the third page. The problem with this workaround is that once you click and hold the third page, the pagies tend to skip around. I'm not sure what happened, but there used to be a slide bar that enabled users to see all the pages they scanned, as well as to flip the direction of the pages if, for example, a scanned page was upside down. Now, the slide bar appears and disappears, and every time you touch a page (in an effort to see the hidden pages), the order of the pages jumps around and changes. It is frustrating and time consuming to not be able to easily see the pages just scanned. The whole purpose of the scan feature is to create PDFs, but it's so difficult to finalize a PDF without seeing all the pages first. This is making the scanner worthless.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This might be related to the size of your monitor or progam window.

Check Scan Results Option:

Canon : Manuals : IJ Scan Utility Lite : Saving after Checking Scan Results

Note: This option is not avaialble in Auto Scan Mode

Scan Results Area:

Canon : Manuals : IJ Scan Utility Lite : Save Settings Dialog

Here you can preview the scanned images before saving.  The dialog allows drag and drop for reordering pages if desired.  Can you make this dialog bigger?  This may increase your viewable area.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks. I have two, 22 inch monitors. It's been working fine, but now isn't for some reason?

Announcements