cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR7020 Skips Chunks of Text

jought
Apprentice

Here's a problem I've never run into before. I printed part of a document, but the printer skipped some of the text on each page, just printing chunks.
Now, when I try to print anything else, it spits out the same page with the chunks of text. I checked that the printer queue was clear -- it is -- and turned off the printer, shut down Word, restarted the computer.
I still get the same result. Do I need to reload the printer driver? How can it keep printing the same document when it doesn't show in the queue?
Maybe it's possessed. Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply, Danny. It's a TR7020.
However, I have fixed the problem.  It occurred to me that, since this is a wireless printer, I might try changing the wi-fi setting.  So, on the printer, I changed to "Direct" rather than "wifi"... and it worked.  I have no idea why.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, jought!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using.  To date, Canon USA has offered three printers with the 7020 model number, namely the PIXMA TR7020, the PIXMA G7020, and the MAXIFY GX7020. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks for your reply, Danny. It's a TR7020.
However, I have fixed the problem.  It occurred to me that, since this is a wireless printer, I might try changing the wi-fi setting.  So, on the printer, I changed to "Direct" rather than "wifi"... and it worked.  I have no idea why.

Announcements