cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA TR4720: Refuses to print; "Please wait momentarily" message never clears

Laura99
Apprentice

This printer started doing this about a month after I bought it and I seriously regret the purchase.

When I try to print, it won't.  It makes all the right noises, but then stalls and gives the message "Please wait monetarily."  That message never clears.  I have to turn off the printer -- WHICH TAKES FOREVER, by the way -- and then sometimes it prints when I turn it back on.

I tried to update it, but the update fails.

The printer was working perfectly at first.  It is literally RIGHT beside the router, and I have a very good WIFI signal. 

What gives, and should I recycle this device and go with another brand next time?

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Before we can offer assistance, can you please answer the following questions for us?

What OS version and build are using the printer with?  Windows, MAC? version.

If your printer is connected to a wireless network, please tell us about the hardware.  Brand / model, ISP issued modem / router, mesh system, etc.  Please verify the IP address the router has assigned to the printer.  If you don't know how to do this, let us know.

What drivers did you install?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements