cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 with error code B200

Frustrated83
Apprentice

I am about ready to throw this printer in the trash. First off everytime I want to print to it over WiFi I have to reset my router for my computers to be able to print. Now this error code (B200) comes up and the manual says to call support. Can a tech or someone from Canon help here?

20 REPLIES 20

toddberg
Apprentice

I have two of these models and they both just started producing this error.  I bought both within 3 years.  The rep on the phone basically said I could take it for service  (probably $80+ per) or just throw it away.....stating they're not build to last that long anymore.  What a poor QUALITY program..

debillkeefe
Contributor
1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.

I have tried this before and it worked for a while. My question is, now 2 of the colors are out and I don't know if it's worth it to buy more ink? I cannot get this fix to work without putting new cartridges in. Thanks

Outstanding! Worked like a charm.

This actually worked for me.

A bit late to the party perhaps, but big shout out to debill for helping me solve this one. Another year when I don't have to buy another printer!! Worked great

debillkeefe
Contributor

1. Turn OFF Power
2. Open the print head bay (as though you were about to change inks)
3. Turn ON power
4. Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
5. Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
6. Leave the Printer turned on
7. Good to go.
I tried this and it worked for me

pscanon
Contributor

I started having this issue 2 weeks ago, prior to leaving on vacation.

I tried every suggestion given, starting with the door open, removing and cleaning the print head, restarting and pressing the on button repeatedly. I tried leavijg the printer disconneted from power and trying everything again.

I shut off the printer, went on vacatio=n.. When I returned, I ordered a replacement mx922.  After it arrived I wanted to remove the new cartridges that I'd just installed in the older printer.

I get the print headed carriage to the change ink position, I raised the scanner/cover, flipped up the cover as if I was going to change the ink, lowered the scanner to res on the head cover.

On a hunch, I held down the Menu button while pressing the Power button and continued to hold it down for 30 seconds, then released it.  The printer went through a partial  startup, moving the head carriage and then stopped saying the covers were open. I closed them and pressed the OK button - and it finished the startup procedure with no errors!!

Since then I have powered theprinter off, removed it from power and printed several jobs a few hours apart.  It continues to work.

My conclusion is that cleaning the head and allowing the printer sit unused for a week allowed the ink to moved to the head by gravity and capilary action.  Starting with a prolonged power disconnect and  holding down the Menu button made the printer go through the complete reinitialization process.

Just got the B200 error code today and tried everything on this thread and no luck. The Printer lasted over 3 years and for the price I cant really complain but if this happened in the first or second year I would be livid. Anyway thanks for the help and I'm going to buy another one of these exact same printers from Amazon right now....I really liked this printer during the time it worked. I hope I get another 3+ years out of it. Price + 4yr square trade was still less than a pack of XL inks from Samsclub. Dont normally ever buy square trade but at least I'll get a few bucks back if it dies in less than 4 years.....I think it's prorated. Got it all for just under $75 and I think a set of XL inks is just about the same or a little more. Later

pfps823
Apprentice

Hi,

Just adding my experience.  I used the system that user debillkeefe suggested which worked great.  Only thing I'd add to that is I didn't need to wait until the printer head moved from the right to the left crossing the 50% mark.  Mine didn't always cross that mark and I found that if I just let it go for a little bit (10 secs) then closed cover, I didn't get error.

Where I did have further problem is that the error code kept coming back at first.  And this was after removing head and giving a thorough cleaning of the head in rubbing alcohol for a couple hours (I changed the alcohol once in the middle as there was a lot of ink), then rinsing in water and letting dry overnight.

What ultimately worked for me is trying different ways to get it to print something.  Printing the test page using the controls on front of printer worked the most times.  I also tried to run a deep cleaning (that didn't work), tried to copy a color page (nope), and just print a couple things (nope nope).  Just kept reseting error code per debill, trying again, and eventually -- after @ a dozen resets -- it started working continuously as normal.  Haven't given it the test of time yet, but got it to work for now.  

So my suggestion is to keep trying.  Once you find a way of printing something, keep doing that. For me, printing a test page using controls on front of printer worked most consistently ('print nozzle check pattern').  It may be that I just needed to get something to get fresh ink flowing back into the system as I cleaned it too well...

Announcements