cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Very unhappy with Canon and Support, 1008 error

Luke22
Apprentice

I recieved the PIXMA MX922 sealed in the box new as a gift for Christmas, it was my first experience with Canon products and a high quality printer, I used tthe printer for about a month and it worked great I really loved the product and this specific model with the 9600 x 2400 Color DPI for printing.

Used it for a month with no issues, printed a shipping label one night for an item and tried to print another one the next morning and received error 1008 no paper in lower, I have troubleshooted all solutions online and nothing has worked, seems to be a common error for this model many people had the same problem. Canon support has been ZERO help and only offered me 10% off a new unit which is not enough to keep me as a customer. 

Phone support seemed very unhappy to have to speak with me from the moment they answered the phone, and referred me to a new unit that had MANY one star reviews and less than 3 stars overall on canon's own site, it was also an older model. Why would I purchase this after a brand new one just broke from nothing of my own doing??? I actually really did love the MX922 for the short time it worked.

All I wanted was a repair or replacement unit, I don't have the receipt because it was a gift and they said they don't have it either, I still have the box and everything.

If I cannot receive customer service beyond a 10% discount on an extremely badly rated unit I'll not be purchasing Canon products again, the customer service has been abysmal, and I've had great service from other brands for electronic devices in the past.

-Luke

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Luke22,

What version of Windows is installed on your computer?

If you are using a Mac, what version of OSX is installed?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements