cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Stopped on server - Sending data to printer

wsr429
Contributor

Hi,

I successfully added my PIXMA MX922 to my Macbook Pro. I also successfully did a Test Print from my Macbook Pro.

However, when I try to print a document I get several usual print messages such as "Ready to Print Page 1" before this final message appears: "Stopped on server - Sending data to printer". I click on Pause and then Resume, but this does not help.

I tried restarting my Macbook Pro, but that didn't help. I also connected my Macbook Pro directly to my PIXMA MX922, but was not able to print any documents.

By the way, I can successfully print documents from my iMac to my PIXMA MX922 via a hard wire connection.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

You did great.  I apologize for not being able to reply.  Had to cook for 26 family members and you know the rest of that story... yes, your network configuration was the gating item.  As you can see, by using the same SSID names and choosing to associate with with AP1, 2 or 3 added to the entanglement you were facing.  You may have wanted to choose the single AP that the printer was closest to in order to avoid the eero trying to band "steer" your printer to an AP farther away, but hey you did well.  It was also correct for you delete the printer from your system and reconnect it.  (good job!)

I would have set a static or reserved IP for it and added it back to the MAC as an IP printer.  This ensures the eero doesn't reclaim its IP after some period of inactivity and assign to another device.  If this happens, the printer will appear as offline on your MAC.  However, you'll have better insight as to what the issue is.

The only other issue we frequently see with eeros systems has to do with their WPA3 security.  The printer only supports WPA2 and on some routers or APs you have to enable WPA2 to ensure backwards compatibility.  

Hats off to you sir for getting it done.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your kind words, Rick. I hope your family meal went deliciously well.

When I selected “Use one AccessPoint only”, I believe I was presented with 3 different MAC numbers that I could choose from. Not being familiar with MAC numbers, I didn’t know how to identify what each MAC address represented. So that was why I chose to use “Use multiple AccessPoints”.

I’m not familiar with how to set a static IP so I’ll explore this topic. Also, my erro router hasn’t complained about dealing with my Printer’s WPA2 security – at least that I know of.

I learned quite a bit about how to setup an IP address on my Canon printer. But, as is often the case, the more you know, the more you realize how much you don’t know 🙂

In summary, I tried to detail the steps I took in case someone facing the same issue happens upon my post.

Thanks again for getting back to me!

William

click here to view the gallery
Announcements