cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Ink Absorber Full & Loud Noise

debor19071
Contributor

Wondering if someone can help us on our MX922 with a cartridge for each color. We had a print head issue awhile back, and that was fixed. Now it's the ink absorber full and it keeps coming up now repeatedly. My husband didn't think there were ink absorbers. I need instructions on getting out of this repeated scenario. And for an unknown reason when the printer is getting ready to print a LOUD NOISE happens each time, sometimes twice, how would we troubleshoot this one?.. I need to look at the ink cartridges for the absorbers more later today. I had been ignoring the message until it came up over and over last night.  I'd appreciate your insights on this.

14 REPLIES 14

debor19071
Contributor

We got it working, reset the counter and cleaned the absorbers. We used the software tool to reset the counter. No error now. Another weekend we'll work on the clunking single sound that happens during the start of printing 

Hello, could you send me info on where I can get the software tool and instructions on resetting the waste ink pad absorber. inflatin at yahoo dot com I'd really appreciate it.

D-VERNON
Apprentice

This exchange has been incredibly useful.  Thank you.  My MX922 is 7½ years old, seen hard duty, and has wear-&-tear.  I have NO technology repair skills and age-related weakening eyesight. Since I'm about to replace my main 9-y/o iMac with a 2022 research-compatible system, a full package replacement seems more likely to necessitate warranty-covered matching printer.  

D-VERNON
Apprentice

Any recommendations re a compatible new Canon model?

D-VERNON
Apprentice

I finally bought a new Canon Maxify MB5420.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements