cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 ADF Not Working Right

Winstonw
Apprentice

I love my MX922. "Old reliable"..however, recently the ADF will not properly feed paper, either single or double side feed. The problem started with a double side scan. The document would pull through, scan and eject. However, when the ADF pulled the document back in to scan the reverse side, the document would stick and I'd get an error...something to the effect that the document was too long. Nah...8-1/2 x 11. Now, the ADF will "stutter" pulling the document in for the first scan...single side or double side. The document gets hung up "making the turn". I've cleaned everything as best I can. I cleaned all of the visible rollers, shined a flashlight into the ADF and I see nothing that would appear to cause this hang up. Old rollers, maybe? Suggestions folks!

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Based on the description, it could be a issue with the rollers and the printer would require service.  

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Winstonw
Apprentice

Thanks for the tip! I bought a MB5120 as a replacement. Now, I find that Canon won't sell an extra paper tray. GRRR. I had the extra for my MX922 for envelopes. Now, I have to pull the paper out, reset the guides, put the envelope in, print, repeat. Buyer's remorse now. Again...GRRRRR

Announcements