cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX892 "6A81" and "Error - Printing" Error

Keyur123222
Apprentice

So for about two months, I have been unable to use my printer because of the error 6A81. I looked up on how to fix it and I've tried just about everything. I've cleaned the inside all the way in the back right where the white piece is(idk what they are called). However after I clean that and restart it, it starts working but when I try to print something from online, it gives me this "Error - Printing" on the computer. Capture.PNG

If anyone can help me that would be great.

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Keyur123222,

So we can best assist you, we would need some more information to help narrow down this issue.

1. What version of Windows is installed on your computer?
  2. What is the signal strength of the printer? (Click HERE for steps on how to print the network settings)
  3. In Devices and Printers, do you only have the MX890 seires WS printer icon?
  4. Are you able to make a copy without the 6A81 error appearing?

We look forward to your reply.

1. I'm running Windows 10 Home

2. I can't print the signal strength thing because now it gives me "6A80"

3. I have "Canon MX890 series Printer WS" only.

4. I guess I can't make copies without 6A81 error appearing because I now get the 6A80 error.

Hi Keyur123222,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the error does not clear or comes back up, the printer will need to be replaced since repair service is no longer offered on this printer.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements