cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX490

Dorisb1
Apprentice

My Pixma MX490 printer is connected to the network but still does  not  print.. I've tried everything that I could think of.

3 REPLIES 3

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dorisb1,

I would be happy to assist with your MX490. To assist further I would need some additinal information. If you could reply to this message with the information below we can provide some trouble shooting steps.

1. When you try to print, do you get an error? If so, what error do you get?
  2. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?

bevannoy
Apprentice

I have the same problem! I have had the printer connected before, to a Lenovo running Windows ( 8 updated to 10) and an older Macbook pro. I got a new laptop (replaced Lenovo with Asus running Windows 10) and now I can't get the printer connected to the new computer. It still works with the Macbook though. The printer has been off for a few months, but once I turned it back on it reconnected with our WiFi and I was able to print from the Macbook.

I have followed the cableless set up instructions a few times, got it to connect, could print from the web (amazon return label) but when I try to print from say, Word, it get an error that the printer isn't responding.

All drivers are as up to date as the system says is available. All computer updates were completed this morning.

Please help! Why does my "devices and printers" recognize the printer as default and online, but it "is not responding"?

Thanks!

I am seeing this problem a lot and my MX490  printer is doing the same thing I have reset the router and reconnected the printer the network and it printed one time that was 4 weeks ago and now it is useless again.  The IP address is fine and the signal strength is 88% which is more than enough.  Like I said I have tried numerous things like software up dates, changing ink but nothing works.  I am using Windows 10 and the printer is set to default and the printer queue shows it is printing but it just sits there doing nothing like it is lost in limbo.  I think it is time to get rid of using Canon printer the last 2 I have had were nothing but problems and they used to be good printers.  Not sure what the issues has been lately but the money I spent on this printer does me no good if it is a paperweight.

Announcements