cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MP510 Ink usage

sciencemagic
Contributor

My question is about possible ink usage when the printer is turned on. I have been told by a printer repair service, that when I turn off my Canon MP510 printer and then turn it on back on at some point, the printer automatically use's ink when I turn it back on. Is this a true statement? I know when I trun it on, it takes some time for the printer to get ready and makes various noises doing so. As a consequence, the repair service said to leave the printer on all the time. Is this recommended? Can someone offer a opinion? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

When you power the printer on, the printer will run a quick nozzle clean which will use some ink. You can leave the printer on and just print when needed. I do recommend printing something at least once a month.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

When you power the printer on, the printer will run a quick nozzle clean which will use some ink. You can leave the printer on and just print when needed. I do recommend printing something at least once a month.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ,

Thank you for your reply. So, turning on the MP510 from a off position, will use some ink otherwise not that would not be used. Thats what I sort of thought. You evidently recommend leaving the printer on all the time and just print when needed and not worry about the added ink usage when turning on the printer. I really don't know how much ink is being used at printer turn on but if its not needed why bother. Evidently, leaving the printer on all the time is not a issue for the printer itself. If you have any other info regarding unwanted ink usage, please inform me. Thank you, ArthurJ.

Announcements