cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6851 Not accepting ink cartridges

RHJones7380
Apprentice

I have a MG6851 and when i tried to print something last night, all the pages came out blank.

I replaced all the ink cartridges, as they were all empty (I had had no warning they were empty) and tried again, but the pages still came out blank, none of the cartridges showed up as installed, so i tried another full set and they didn't work either..

So far I have tried cleaning the nozzles, and other parts of the printer, i have checked for a paper jam and blockages, i have tried turning it off and unplugging and then plugging it back in and turning on, i have checked for updates.  Nothing has worked.

I don't know if it's because I am not using canon cartridges.  I am low income, and the cartridges were all from the same places and the first set worked fine.

Any advice

EDIT - now getting error B203

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

We recommend using only Genuine Canon Ink Cartridges. We can't guarantee third-party cartridges can communicate properly with your printer. 

financially, I can't afford them

@RHJones7380,

We understand, unfortunately there is no way to know with certainty what your issue is actually being caused by.  Faulty ink cartridges, a clogged printhead, etc.  

What was the result when you performed a Cleaning and Nozzle Test Pattern?

There isn't much we can do to help if the printer is in an error state 203 and is unable to communicate with the installed cartridges.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

After cleaning and Test print - nothing appeared on the sheet of paper

Announcements