cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6821

lynnt
Apprentice

I need to dispose of this printer.  Before doing that, I want to  be sure I'm not leaving personal information on it.  Does this model have either an internal memory or SIM card?  If so, how do I erase information before discarding?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lynnt,

The PIXMA MG6821 does not have internal memory that sotres any of the printing, scanning or copying that has been performed.

Canon is committed to the world community and the belief that we are building a better world for future generations.  We want to work with our customers to ensure appropriate recycling of certain Canon consumer products to help improve the environment and our local communities.  We are proud to announce a product recycling program to assist Canon customer in the United States in recycling these products.  Canon currently offers recycling on consumer products, imageCLASS and imageFORMULA small office/home office product lines.

The following types of Canon products are eligible for recycling under the Canon Consumer Products Recycling Program.

Binoculars
Camcorders
Cameras (digital / film)
Fax machines
imageCLASS products
imageFORMULA products
PC Copiers
Printers
Projectors/Camcorder Equipment
Scanners

Customers with consumer products should first consider and be encouraged to recycle LOCALLY through a R2 certified recycler. They can find a R2 recycler by going to:

https://sustainableelectronics.org/find-an-r2-certified-facility/

When a recycling center is not available locally to the caller, you can offer the following Canon facilities where the customer may ship their product. The cost of shipping is the responsibility of the customer.

To utilize this program, customers, including dealers, may send shipments  to the following address:

Canon Commercial E-Waste Take-back Program
5980 Industrial Drive #TR13
Gloucester, VA 23061

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements