I have 2 Macbooks, both running Big Sur 11.2.2.
1. The 1st Macbook was running Catalina and had canon driver installed on it. It was then upgraded to Big Sur. The ability to click Scan exists. (See attached photo)
2. The 2nd Macbook was built from scratch and Big Sur was loaded onto it. Then the canon driver was installed. On this machine, it is impossible to get the Scan function to appear.
I have installed every driver on this page to no avail. https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...
Has anyone experiencing this problem?
Thanks in advance
I finally figured it out and hopefully this can help someone else.
From the driver download site:
1. select OS Catalina 10.15
2. Click on DRIVERS tab
3. Download and install ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a (Mac)
4. Download and install MG6600 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.184.108.40.206 (Mac)
5. Delete your printer and re-add it.
5a). Make sure you select Kind="Bonjour Multifunction" and Use=Airprint
6. At this point, you can see the scan function but it won't support preview
7. To allow preview, you need to click the "Software" tab
8. Download and install IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.3.8 (Mac)
9. Repeat step 5 and 5a)