cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG6250 driver for WIN 11 not available use for WIN 10 instead

JNB1
Apprentice

Well, my CANON MG6250 printer worked with my HP desktop computer running Windows 10. Then this computer was upgraded to Windows 11 and the said Canon printer still worked. So failing to be able to download the appropriate Canon driver on  my new Lenovo laptop Ideapad 3 Slim 3 born with Windows 11, I decided to download the driver as my new laptop was operating with windows 10. It all worked and the Canon MG6250 printer is now happy printing out document from my WIN 11 laptop, which it apparently should not be able to do!

I think you should tell your clients in such a situation to try that instead of maybe forcing them to buy a new printer.

My second printer a Brother laser printer readily adopted the ability to also work with this new WIN 11 Lenovo laptop without any new driver download etc from its previous working win 10 environment. So if I had to be forced to buy a new printer due to the driver problem described in our email communication, I would not have bought a Canon printer but instead bought a Brother printer. So Canon would loose out of a purchase and possible making Canon a no go for all my future needs. That is not the best for your business.

Cheers, Jorgen Berg     

1 REPLY 1

Erdmanmouth
Apprentice
  • Microsoft has confirmed multiple issues that prevent Windows 11 PCs from installing printers.
  • Issues arise when attempting to install printers through HTTP connections or through Internet Printing Protocol. mywakehealth
  • Microsoft is investigating the issues and working on fixes that should arrive in a future Windows 11 update.

Some Windows 11 PCs run into issues when trying to install printers. Microsoft confirmed two issues related to installing printers on systems running Windows 11 (via Bleeping Computer). One of the issues(opens in new tab) causes printer installation to fail when devices attempt to connect to printers through HTTP connections. The other issue(opens in new tab) appears when attempting to install printers through Internet Printing Protocol. Both issues only cause installations to fail in some cases.

May it helpful 

Announcements