cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5721 - How to Set Up Non-Wireless Connection

Jerry3
Contributor

When looking at the screen on my printer, in the upper right corner is a symbol indicating my connection to my router.

I tried to check out my options to connect my printer to my computer.  The 3 available connection symbols are displayed in the upper right corner of the screen. I can change to Wireless, DC and no symbol.  I don’t want to use Wireless.  So, my choice is DC or no symbol.

Which symbol should I use and why?

Thanks,

Jerry

9/22/22

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jerry3,

"DC" stands for direct connect. In this mode, your PIXMA MG5721 will create its own wireless network. To use your computer or mobile device with your PIXMA MG5721, you would connect that computer/device to the printers network.

No symbol is an indication that neither Wi-Fi nor Direct Connection is active, that the LAN connection has been disabled.

If you do not wish to use your PIXMA MG5721 with a network connection, you can connect your PIXMA MG5721 to your computer using a USB cable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Thanks Patrick for your answer.

Jerry

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jerry3,

"DC" stands for direct connect. In this mode, your PIXMA MG5721 will create its own wireless network. To use your computer or mobile device with your PIXMA MG5721, you would connect that computer/device to the printers network.

No symbol is an indication that neither Wi-Fi nor Direct Connection is active, that the LAN connection has been disabled.

If you do not wish to use your PIXMA MG5721 with a network connection, you can connect your PIXMA MG5721 to your computer using a USB cable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Patrick for your answer.

Jerry

Announcements