cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5720 Scanner not working after upgrade to Mac OS Monterey

Lpannell
Apprentice

After my Macbook laptop computer updated to operating system Monterey (12.5.1) I can print using my Canon MG5720 printer/scanner, but the scanner part does not work. The Canon IJ Scan Utility2 that I used to interface with the scanner no longer works (message is "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer"). And, when I try to scan using the "scan" button on the printer itself (choose "scan", then press the green diamond button), I get the message "Set the PC to start scanning".  How can I get the scanner to work again? Is there updated software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE to open the Canon support page for you printer. You will want to download/install the CUPS printer driver, ICA Scanner driver, and IJ Scan Utility again. Once that is done, go into printers and scanners and add the printer back on. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please click HERE to open the Canon support page for you printer. You will want to download/install the CUPS printer driver, ICA Scanner driver, and IJ Scan Utility again. Once that is done, go into printers and scanners and add the printer back on. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This worked for me, thank you!  The one thing you didn't mention (but it was kind of obvious from your note) is that I had to remove the printer from my system, and then add it back. But, after I downloaded the three files and installed each of them, I went into system preferences and removed the printer, and then added it back. And now both the printer and the scanner work!

DaTh
Contributor

This is a me too to the original poster, except I can't print either.  I have been able to do this even after the apparent conversion to Monterey Ver 12.5.1, but yesterday I had a paper jam.  Had to pull it out from the back.  Reinserted everything back in place, but now I get a printer error state "executed process is in a standby condition."  I have gone to the utility page and deleted the page waiting to be printed.  I've tried printing a test page, but then I get the same message and have to go back and delete that page from the queue.  Do I try the same suggestion as above?

Announcements