cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5220 Contact Customer Service Message

Orbc333333
Apprentice

So I have a pixma mg 5220 and I turn it on and try to use it today and it says to unplug the power cord and contact Canon customer service so I tried contacting Canon and they give me a website usa.canon.com and the website is telling me that my product has been retired. What in the he double hockey sticks is up with that so they can just shut my printer down just like that no more what about the ink and stuff I've already had ordered this is not cool this is so not cool can they do that is there anything I can do? Someone please help me

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

Many printer models get retired, but that does not mean that they get disabled. If they keep working, and you can get supplies for them, there's no problem

WHERE did you get the message about the power cord and Canon customer service?  On the printer control panel, or on your computer?

Does the printer work or not?  

It could  be that Canon programs-in the warning after a certain number of prints because they want you to run out and buy a new printer, but I doubt it.  I can't comprehend an urgent notice to unplug the printer.

You sound frantic. Calm down.

SamanthaW

Hello,

Your printer model reached the end of its service life in 2017, which just means we no longer carry the parts needed to repair it. The error you got has nothing to do with that end of service life date, however it does mean we cannot replace your printer with the same model. 

If you'd like to look into a current model, our sales team is happy to discuss with you, and are able to provide a discount for a new printer as yours is at the end of its life. They can be reached by phone at 1-800-385-2155, just let them know you're looking into upgrading an older printer. 

LeeAnn11
Apprentice

I work in manufacturing and understand how hard it is to repair old units. About a month ago we got one in again that was purchased in the 80's. It was so old that we did not have the information on the serial number anymore. But you know what? That unit was repaired and is back out in the field. If Canon cannot back it's product, I don't want to invest in your printers.

C'mon.

Is there any limit to "back its product"? ANY manufacturer of ANY product can only guarantee repairability for so long. Parts availability.....value of the product.......there are limits.

Is Canon any worse than other printer makers in this regard?

Announcements