cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2525

Gilbertson
Apprentice

I can't scan to PDF, the error message is cannot not communicate with printer, says it is in use by another user, error codes are 5,156 and 69, there is no other user and I have updated the drivers, ONCE, and I have completely removed the software from the computer, ONCE. It keeps coming up with the same error messages! NOTE: Even when I was trying to remove the software, it was telling me that some other user is using "My Image Garden" and there is no other user!

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Gilbertson,

What version of Windows or Mac are you running? Are you able to print with no error?

We look forward to your reply.

Windows XP, printing is not a problem, scanning from the unit is not a problem, but scanning from the Computer will not preform it' function to PDF, says there is another userusing it. Could the problem be that i take it back and forth from Windows XP to Windows 10?

Hi Gilbertson,

Bouncing back and forth may cause an issue, but lets try removing the driver and then reinstall the driver again on XP. Before you reinstall the driver, please remove the printer usb cord. Once it is removed, click HERE to download the driver.

Once the driver is downloaded and the installer is running, you will be asked to plug the usb cord back in. Once everything is reinstalled, please open IJ Scan Utility again and try to scan.

We look forward to your reply to see if this resolved your issue.

The driver access, you provided on the email is not valid

Gilbertson

Hello.

Please try the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

If you still have difficulties, visit www.usa.canon.com and use the search bar on the upper right to search for the "MG2525".  Once the MG2525 has been found, go to the Drivers and Software section to download the latest MP Drivers for your product.  The IJ Scan Utility program is included with the MP Drivers and will allow you to scan PDF files using the "Document" option in the software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements