cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG2522 Saves as PDF instead of printing

wilforce
Apprentice

Hello, I have had my printer for a couple of years.  Recently when I go to print a document, any document, my computer brings me to a download as PDF screen.  As a result, I cannot print anything.  Can this situation be fixed and how? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like you connected the printer to your computer without installing a driver.  

Start by removing the printer from your computer.  Navigate to control Panel > Device and Printers. If your printer is present there, right click on it and select remove from the context menu.  Next disconnect the USB cable.  

If the printer was present and removed, restart your computer.  If not, all you need to do is disconnect the USB cable.  

Visit this page and download the driver for your printer.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522#idReference%3Dsoftware-drivers

Run the installer and connect the printer when prompted.   This should take care of the installation and allow you to print.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Hi, wilforce!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and whether your printer communicates with your computer via a USB cable or via Wi-Fi. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hello Danny,  My laptop is an HP Pavilion w/ Windows v.11home. 

My Canon printer is connected  via USB cable.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Open the document you wish to print.  Press and hold the CTRL button on your keyboard tap "P"

A print dialogue will open.  There will be a drop down selector menu. Change it from "Save to PDF" to your Canon printer.

Now press the print button.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello shadowsports.  Tried your fix and when I go to the print dialogue and go to printer rather than the PDF option, the option says that there is no printer available.  So then I go to help to download the driver to my computer.  The response is that the driver is no longer available.  Does that mean I am out of luck and need to purchase a new printer OR is there an option to download the driver again (in some way)?  [ugh]

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

It sounds like you connected the printer to your computer without installing a driver.  

Start by removing the printer from your computer.  Navigate to control Panel > Device and Printers. If your printer is present there, right click on it and select remove from the context menu.  Next disconnect the USB cable.  

If the printer was present and removed, restart your computer.  If not, all you need to do is disconnect the USB cable.  

Visit this page and download the driver for your printer.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522#idReference%3Dsoftware-drivers

Run the installer and connect the printer when prompted.   This should take care of the installation and allow you to print.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your help "shadowsports", much appreciated.

Announcements