12-05-2022 05:48 PM - last edited on 12-06-2022 08:56 AM by Danny
The green power light is alternate blinking with the alarm light. The alarm light will blink 22 times before a brief pause then the cycle continues. I just took the printer out of the box but have had it for over a year. Any ideas how to fix ?
12-05-2022 06:55 PM
Hello and thank you for your post on the Canon Community! We suggest checking out this knowledge base article to help narrow down which error code you're experiencing. You can find it now here.
12-05-2022 07:07 PM
Did not help as I’m getting 22 blinks / a 5011 support code . That article says nothing about that
12-06-2022 04:37 PM
The 22 flash error may be resolved by resetting your PIXMA MG2522. Please follow these steps:
1. With the printer powered on, open the cover. The ink will move to the replacement position.
2. Remove the black ink cartridge.
3. Remove the color ink cartridge.
4. Once both cartridges are removed, with the PIXMA MG2522 on, please unplug the power cord from the back of the unit.
5. Wait 5 minutes and then reconnect the power cord.
6. Turn your PIXMA MG2522 on.
7. Open the cover. The carriage that holds the ink will move to the replacement position.
8. Make sure the orange tape is off of the bottom of the black cartridge.
11. Reinsert the black ink cartridge into your PIXMA MG2522.
12. Make sure the orange tape is off of the bottom of the color cartridge.
15. Reinsert the color ink cartridge into your PIXMA MG2522.
Close the cover. The PIXMA MG2522 should make some noise for a few moments, and then return to standby.
If the error flashes persist, your PIXMA MG2522 would require service.
You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.
If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.
05/31/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS R6 Mark II - Version 1.1.2
05/18/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS Rebel T100 - Version 1.1.0
EOS 5D Mark IV - Version 1.4.0
EOS 6D Mark II - Version 1.2.0
PowerShot Elph 360HS - Version 126.96.36.199
PowerShot SX420 IS - Version 188.8.131.52
PowerShot 620 HS - Version 184.108.40.206
PowerShot SX720 HS - Version 220.127.116.11
PowerShot G1X Mark III - Version 18.104.22.168
PowerShot G7X Mark II - Version 22.214.171.124
PowerShot G9X Mark II - Version 126.96.36.199
04/20/2023: New firmware version 1.4.1 is available for EOS R3
03/30/2023: New firmware updates are available.
EOS 1DX Mark III- Version 1.7.1
Speedlite EL-1 - Version 1.0.2
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EF50 F1.2 L USM
03/30/2023: Product Advisory for EOS R10
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon U.S.A Inc. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.