cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA IP8720

nicka
Apprentice

I recently connected a Canon PIXMA IP8720 to my MacPro running OS/X Yosemite 10.10.2. As much as I try, I cannot get the printer to product prints of photographs with the correct colors. The colors are way off and I've tried to coordinate the color profiles of the Mac, monitor and printer but to no avail. I have the same printer using a wireless connection to my HP Desktop running Vista and have been able to coordinate the color profiles to the point where the prints are coming out reasonably close to what I would expect, but the quality is not there yet. Since my most current photography software is on the Mac, I'd like to get that working ASAP, but can't find any good documentation on how to approach setting it up correctly, Any input that the community could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi nicka,

You can try printing the photos from our Easy-PhotoPrint program to see if this will improve the color accuracy obtained.  If you do not have the Easy-PhotoPrint program installed, it can be downloaded from the Canon USA website. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA iP8720.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the EASY-PHOTOPRINT file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once the program is installed, please follow these steps to print from Easy-PhotoPrint:

1. Go to your GO menu and select APPLICATIONS.

2. From the APPLICATIONS folder, please double-click on the CANON UTILITIES folder and then select the Easy-PhotoPrint EX application.

3. Once you are in the Easy-PhotoPrint application, you will see a folder structure on the left-hand side where you can select a photo or image. Please navigate to the location of the photo/image you would like to print. When you do, all available images in that location should appear in the right pane of the window. Please note: If a screen appears with options to Photo-Print, Create an Album, Sticker Print, etc., please select the PHOTO-PRINT option to view the area with the folder structure.

4. Underneath each of the photos appearing in the right pane of the window, you will see an up and down arrow, as well as a "0". Please click the UP arrow once underneath the image you would like to select, then click the PAPER SELECTION tab.

5. Select the PRINTER, PAPER SOURCE, PAPER SIZE, and MEDIA TYPE, then click the LAYOUT/PRINT tab at the top of the window.

6. Select the desired layout from the left-hand pane of the window. When you do, a preview of what the image should look like when printed will appear in the right-hand pane of the window.

7. Once you have selected a layout, please click the PRINT button. The photo/image should print.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi nicka,

You can try printing the photos from our Easy-PhotoPrint program to see if this will improve the color accuracy obtained.  If you do not have the Easy-PhotoPrint program installed, it can be downloaded from the Canon USA website. Please click here to go to the Drivers and Software page for the PIXMA iP8720.  Once on the initial download page for your model, please do the following:

1. Verify that the operating system detected in the "OPERATING SYSTEM" drop-down menu is correct, and if it is not, please click the drop-down menu to select your operating system.

2. Next, please click on the red arrow next to the "SOFTWARE" section and click the EASY-PHOTOPRINT file. When you do, a red DOWNLOAD button will appear. Please click on the checkbox below the DOWNLOAD button, then click the red DOWNLOAD button to begin the download. The time for the download process may vary depending on the speed of your Internet connection and the size of the file being downloaded.

Once the program is installed, please follow these steps to print from Easy-PhotoPrint:

1. Go to your GO menu and select APPLICATIONS.

2. From the APPLICATIONS folder, please double-click on the CANON UTILITIES folder and then select the Easy-PhotoPrint EX application.

3. Once you are in the Easy-PhotoPrint application, you will see a folder structure on the left-hand side where you can select a photo or image. Please navigate to the location of the photo/image you would like to print. When you do, all available images in that location should appear in the right pane of the window. Please note: If a screen appears with options to Photo-Print, Create an Album, Sticker Print, etc., please select the PHOTO-PRINT option to view the area with the folder structure.

4. Underneath each of the photos appearing in the right pane of the window, you will see an up and down arrow, as well as a "0". Please click the UP arrow once underneath the image you would like to select, then click the PAPER SELECTION tab.

5. Select the PRINTER, PAPER SOURCE, PAPER SIZE, and MEDIA TYPE, then click the LAYOUT/PRINT tab at the top of the window.

6. Select the desired layout from the left-hand pane of the window. When you do, a preview of what the image should look like when printed will appear in the right-hand pane of the window.

7. Once you have selected a layout, please click the PRINT button. The photo/image should print.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Ramona,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I resolved the major problem I was having, which was not being able to find all the printer interfact options while running on the Apple OS/X Yosemite operating system, with input from the Adobe Photoshop Elements Community. The location of the print options is not obvious like in the Microsoft Windows Vista system, where it comes up as part of the print process, but buried in the print dialog box as are part of a drop down menu. Once I was able to choose my print options properly I was able to successfully print my photographs. There are still some adjustments I need to make, but I'm making progress toward fully utilizing my new printer.

With regard to the Canon Easy-Photoprint program, I will definitely download and try it. Now I  print through Photoshop Elements 13, but it would be nice to be able to print directly from the photo library if I want copies of the final versions of my photgraphs.

Thanks again,

Nicka

Announcements