cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G7020 Printer set up issue, unable to scan

hwyhobo2
Apprentice

Bought a new G7020 printer and really like it for straight printing but can't get any of the other functions working. I am running windows 11 with all the updates, I downloaded all 6 or 7 software updates for all the functions for the printer.

I connected the printer to my network and can print from my applications to the printer. That is all I can get. None of the scanning functions work, keeps coming up with it cant find the printer. 

Very frustrated, I have had a number of Cannon products in the past  and this is the worst printer I have ever had problems with. I am not a real techy person and am about ready to throw in the towel with the printer. You would think that cannon would put out a installation package that would install everything needed to run the product. (Sorry for the ramble)

Any help greatly appreciated. 

I have had our technical support people up and they have given up on this also. 

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Only one application is needed to install the printer under Windows.

G7000 series Driver setup package (Windows)

It's available here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-g7020

Typically, device communication issues are caused by windows firewall, 3rd party anti-virus or problems with network or USB connectivity.  Installing under a user account without sufficient permissions might also communication failure.  Corporate issued devices that utilize VPN without split tunnel configured can also be problematic.  

Many Canon printers require modification to the Windows firewall.  When needed you should be  prompted during installation.  The installer does this for you automatically.  

Network communication.  Mesh systems have become very popular.  While helpful for improving coverage and performance, many people don't realize that the ISPs hardware may require additional configuration for the systems to work together effectively.  

Not sure if any of these are applicable in your case, but hopefully it provides some insight or guidance.  

Canon support is free and they will be happy to help you with your printer installation.  Start by registering your printer at MyCanon.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements