PIXMA 3400 not printing - Linux

Simonv
Contributor

Installed PIXMA 3400 on Linux.

Driver is

6 REPLIES 6

Simonv
Contributor

I notice the detail of my message was removed. I gave information about the Ubuntu procedures I followed.

I am still unsuccessful getting the PIXMA 3400 to work on Linux (Ubuntu)

@Simonv

Eventually managed to get printer working. Just don't ask me what I did.

I would now like to install the Windows utilities provided with the printer in Linux. Can somebody help me?

Hi, Simonv!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Hi Danny

Thanks for your response. However, I am very disappointed it took so long to get some response. 

Are you unable to give an answer to my question about the availability of software (like the utilities supplied on CD for Windows) on Linux for the PIXMA range? Surely this is not specific model related.

Regards

We can understand your concern and your frustration. Unfortunately, Canon USA has not released an equivalent model as we have not had any PIXMA printers with model numbers in the 3400 series. As such, we are unable to provide support on your printer and we recommend that you talk to the Canon company in your part of the world for support.

We hope this helps!

Hi Danny

I did get an answer from Canon Africa. Canon does not support Linux.

Future buyers be aware?

Surely Canon USA could have given me the answer. Would have saved me a lot of time.

It is also rather disturbing that different parts of the world gets different printers. Isn't Canon USA involved in the manufacturing or programming of these printers?

Dissapointed Canon user

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements