cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not printing to mx870

dolosan
Apprentice

my new mac 12.1 is not printing to mx870.  not able to get updates.  

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi dolosan,

The PIXMA MX870 is not supported with macOS v12 (Monterey).  The last version that was supported was Mac OSX v10.11 (El Capitan).  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

aspect415
Apprentice

I found a work around in the form of an app. 
“Canon Print”, app I found when digging through the Apple App Store on my 13 max pro. 
Transfer any file you want printed into a cloud service linked between your device and comp. Google Photos or Documents folder linked through cloud. The app works as an interface for cloud service connectivity. 
It’s kinda a cheap trick in that some of the features the mx870 printer has available require toggling in the settings which are non existent with out the software interface that the newer macs like mine (2021 14” Mac 1) do not support… but, the good news is wireless printing of documents and photos can be pulled from the cloud through this app and waabaam! I’m assuming if you have a newer Mac you have a newer iPhone in which case this should work like it does for me. Untested on any other model so good luck. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements