cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New out the box PIXMA TR4722 168A error code

SGtat2
Apprentice

Just purchased the PIXMA 4722 followed the instructions. Removed all orange tape. All sensor tabs are clean and clear. The cartridges came with the printer. Followed the FAQ on how to install. Still getting 168A error code. Bought new ink, same code. I am completely unable to print. Just keeps looping through the app on instructions on how to install cartridges. Am I missing something? Or should I just return it? Toss it? Any advice is worth considering. Thank you for your time. 

4 REPLIES 4

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Since the printer is in warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

I had this issue when loading my cartridges. What you do is after the printer gives you a step in the process of instillation and you complete it. You just simply press the OK button to acknowledge that the instruction is completed.

BillG4
Apprentice

My TR4722 is 6 months old. Installed replacement ink cartridges and am stuck in a loop with error code 168A. How can i get out of this loop? 

We recommend reaching out to support for help with this. Call 800-652-2666 Monday through Friday from 9am to 9pm (ET). 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements