cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Computer- PIXMA MX512 not letting me scan from printer

acspringhill
Apprentice

I recently upgraded to a new desktop and installed all the software for the MX512. The printer is connected to my LAN and prints perfectly, but one thing I cannot find a way to alter or update is on the display panel of the printer at the top is says Administrator - and the name of my old computer. And when I ran the IJ Scanner Selector Tool, it found my printer in the settings but when I try to scan at the printer I get a prompt saying to Adjust the PC Settings. How do you fix these issues? I have gone through every Canon application for my printer  and do not see an option to update the main desktop pc I use to scan and save images from the printer via LAN to the pc. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This new desktop is running Windows 8.1, and I didn't use my original cd rom I used the more up to date software downloads on the Canon website. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi acspringhill,

To try and resolve the issue, you will want to make sure that the printer is selected correctly in MP Navigator. To do this, please open MP Navigator and click on the PREFERENCES button.  The PIXMA MX512 that should be selected is the network attached, not the USB attached.  The network PIXMA MX512 will be named PIXMA MX512 (xxx) with the MAC address of the unit in parenthesis.

You will also want to make sure that the scanner is selected in the Canon IJ Scan Utility program.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Start and then All Programs.

2. Click on Canon IJ Network Utility.

3. Click on Canon IJ Scan Utility.

4. Make sure there is a checkmark next to the PIXMA MX512.  Once both have been completed, attempt to scan.

If you still are unable to scan, please uninstall the printer, then reinstall it again using the drivers from the Canon USA website.  If you still experence difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements