cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW-- PIXMA iX6820 driver download not working

tdpilot
Contributor

both the driver disk and the download are locking up at the "Where to you live?"  Window.   Anyone have a suggestion.  Canon Customer Support has all of a sudden gotten IMPOSSIBLE to get hold of.  Never had a problem before, they have been very helpful.  

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Visit our website to download the latest drivers for the printer.  Visit the following link to download the drivers:

PIXMA iX6820 Drivers & Downloads

Once there, download and install the iX6800 series Printer Driver Ver. 1.02 (Windows) or the iX6800 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac).

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same printer. I recently replaced the ink cartridge and it still says the ink is low. How do I reset this so it will stop saying it is low. I heard it can ruin the printhead.

Hi Gibsond2015.

When replacing the ink, the printer will need to be powered on.  If the printer is powered off or unplugged while the inks are replaced, then it will work off of the last-known-correct ink levels from the old ink cartridges, and not recognize new inks.

If the inks were replaced while the printer was powered on, then you are using third-party, refilled, or remanufactured ink tanks.  Canon genuine ink tanks are not designed to be refilled, and the "low ink" error message does not itself cause internal damage.

Canon USA does not recommend the use of inks manufactured by third parties in Canon printers.

Canon genuine inks are formulated specifically for use in our ultra-precise print head. Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications.

Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased online at http://shop.usa.canon.com/, or by calling 1-800-385-2155 to speak to a Canon Direct Representative.

Should you decide to use inks manufactured by third parties in your Canon printer, and such inks cause damage to your product, this damage will not be covered under the product's limited warranty. Any repairs required as a result of such damage must be made at your expense.

Thank you so much!! : )
Announcements