cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My printer MG5300 will not work on some documents

luziatartari
Apprentice

My printer MG5300 works well wirelessly most of the time with both computers at home. However, some documents can't be printed. A box comes up "print to file" and asks for "output file name". I don't know what they are asking. Can anyone tell me?

Tks

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi Luziatartari!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what operating system you're using.   Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks!

Can you please explain? What do you mean by operating system?  Tks

Hi Luziatartari!

What is the version of Windows or Mac you are using? Once we have this information, we can further assist.

Thanks!

I have two computers wirelessly connecte to the printer and work fine with it. One of the computers has windows vista and the other some old windows version and their documents work fine.

The problem is with documents generated at the workplace laptop with  windows 7 and when we send them to be opened here from a gmail account,  that's when the documents do not print. Hope this is clear.

Tks

Luzia

Hello.

If this issue only occurs with one program, please check the following:

1.  With the document open, click File and choose Print.

2.  See if a "Print to File" box is checked in the program.  Uncheck this box.

3.  Make sure that the MG5300 is selected rather than a different icon or printer.

Once this has been done, try printing to test the unit.

If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It did work. Thank you, I never checked that box but will do it from now on.

Announcements