cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fax won't transmit

kashsmommy08
Apprentice
I have a Mx439 all in one and I thought I set the fax up right but it will not transmit. I get a dial tone and it calls the number I am trying to fax to and once the other fax machine picks up and makes all of its noises my fax doesn't connect to it to transmit. I have slowed my speed all the way down and it still won't transmit. I have no clue how to fix this problem.
3 REPLIES 3

Devin
Enthusiast

HI kashsmommy08,

If your phone connection is through the Internet, then your internet provider may not allow for faxing.  Some internet providers charge extra for faxing services so I would recommend checking with them to ensure that your line supports faxes. 

Since you have already lowered the TX Speed as far as it can go, I would also suggest disabling ECM.  ECM stands for Error Correction Mode and turning this off may allow your faxes to go through.  Please perform the following to turn of ECM TX:

1.  Press the Setup button.

2.  Use the < or > button to select Device settings, then press OK.

3.  Use the < or > button to select Fax settings, then press OK.

4.  Use the < or > button to select Adv. FAX settings, then press OK.

5.  Use the < or > button to select Adv. communication settings, then press OK.

6.  Use the < or > button to select ECM TX, then press OK.

7.  Use the < or > button to select Off, then press OK.

8.  Press Stop/Reset to return to standby mode.

I hope this helps.

Used the advice of Devon on my MF4770n.  Fax worked perfectly.  Thanks. 

DavivSimon
Apprentice

I'm going to use free fax service. Though I am new I don't have enough experience of using fax service. Can you please help me providing a free fax service. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements