cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My MX892 will not power on

david2385
Apprentice

I have had my MX892 printer for about 2.5 years without any issues. Today it will no longer turn on, display do not even light up. However, if I unplug it for a few minutes and then plub it back in and then press the power button and hold it, the display does turn on for less than a second and beeps and then turns off again.

Is there anything I can try to correct this issue?

36 REPLIES 36

Same here - Search Google - These guys MX892 are dropping like flies

headache
Apprentice
My MX892 suddenly power off

I tried but it never back, it worked well.

I checked online, thought I could get some help, found out I am not the only suffering the same problem.

Shock!!!

I just brought many inks:(

LauraAlder
Apprentice

I've got the same issue with my printer. Has anyone successfully fixed the problem? I'm hesitant to pay $20-$50 to see if someone can fix it without knowing the likelihood of success. I don't really want to toss the printer, but I'm leery of the possibilities of fixing it. Tech Support through Canon was useless!!

For what it is worth, I tossed mine and bought a new printer. Tired of wasting time with poor tech support with no answers

Jim

Hi LauraAlder,

When the printer will not power on, we recommend the following:

1. Ensure that the power cord is plugged securely into the printer, as the cord may have slightly become disconnected and prevented full power to be received by the printer.

2. Ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes ports on a surge protector may no longer work, even if other ports on the protector do work.

3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in to try and reset the printer.

4. Try plugging the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible.

5. If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please see if using that power cord will allow the printer to
power on.

If the printer still does not turn on after following the above steps, we recommend having the unit looked at by a service facility to determine why the unit will not power on.  Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I emailed Canon support about my dead MX892.  In addition to suggesting changing out cords, etc., they said:

"Repair service is no longer available for this product."

OK, it's been 3 years since Canon introduced this product, so maybe Canon can say that they only expect their printers to last 3 years, but there is still an active "Buy Now" link for this printer on Canon's website:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/where_to_buy/consumer/printers_multifunction/office_all_in_one_inkjet_...

Still selling a printer that's past End of Service?  That doesn't see right.

I was told by tech support that I was eligible for the Customer Loyalty Program.  I called, and was told it's a 10% discount and free shipping.  For a new MX922, that would come to $161.99 with no shipping.  Well, the MX922 is available at Amazon for $99 with no shipping, or I can go pick one up at Staples for $99.  Or Newegg has it for $129.

So before you buy from the Customer Loyalty Program, shop around.

saftab
Apprentice

Looks like I am having the same issue!!!  I've only used this printer a handful of times and now its completely dead.  Does Canon acknowledge that there is a problem?  Are they willing to fix/replace these?

Hi saftab,

If the troubleshooting steps recommended earlier in this thread did not resolve the power issue the printer is experiencing, the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for servicing options available to you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements