cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon Pixma iP 4200 prints green.

FLJerry
Contributor

I have tried all of the troubleshooting procedures from checking to see if the ink tanks are adequate and in the correct position to cleaning the print heads manually.  But my ip 4200 still keeps print GREEN. Any steps to clear up this probvlem wlould be appreciate. Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi FLJerry,

When the printouts from the PIXMA iP4200 do not print correctly (such as with a green tint), the first step would be to make sure that the correct inks are installed and are in the correct order.  The correct order is:

CLI-8Bk Black
PGI-5Bk Black
CLI-8Y  Yellow
CLI-8M  Magenta
CLI-8C  Cyan

Next would be to perform printhead cleanings.  Because you have already performed this, It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi FLJerry,

When the printouts from the PIXMA iP4200 do not print correctly (such as with a green tint), the first step would be to make sure that the correct inks are installed and are in the correct order.  The correct order is:

CLI-8Bk Black
PGI-5Bk Black
CLI-8Y  Yellow
CLI-8M  Magenta
CLI-8C  Cyan

Next would be to perform printhead cleanings.  Because you have already performed this, It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

nkrinock
Apprentice

What happened to mine, a slightly different model is that it printed green when I stopped using canon brand ink. If you stopped using canon brand that might be the issue.

Announcements