cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon Pixma TS8322 is printing blue despite Black and White Setting.

DominicYoltrino
Contributor

I'm printing DND tiles on my Pixma TS8322. Originally I printed on Cardstock settings but then I discovered Photopaper settings and it increased print quality by a massive margin.

This is with photopaper matte settings printed on heavy cardstock that I printed a few days ago. Very satisfied with the colors. I think it uses photoblue in it so the colors really started popping compared to cardstock settings. 

IMG_20220504_174039.jpg

A few days later. I tried printing it again using the same settings, I started getting blue/purple in my blacker areas. This one is printed on normal printing paper because i didn't want cardstock.IMG_20220504_175018.jpgIMG_20220504_174115.jpg

I was confused and didn't know what was going on. I deep cleaned the nozzle. Restarted the printer several times. Reinstalled driver for Ts8322, and tried several dozen paper settings.

Below is printed with plain paper settings in black and white on normal paper.

IMG_20220504_174125.jpg

Here is the same black and white print but with photopaper settings, on plain paper. Whenever I set photopaper of any kind, platiunum, glossy, premium, whatever, the blue and purples start showing up.. Everything else sort of works correctly.

IMG_20220504_174147.jpg

I don't want to give up on the photopaper settings because it is clearly superior and I want to get it back.

Left is Cardstock 0 contrast 0 brightness printed on cardstock. vs Photopaper matte printed on cardstock.

IMG_20220504_175835.jpg

If it helps, I also tried printing this in a older version of photoshop a while ago while adjusting colors and it said the printer doesn't work with that photoshop version. I ignored it and tried printing with it, and thats where all the problems started. I thought it was maybe some sort of weird photoshop color codex mumbo jumbo whatever rgb blah blah override but that shouldn't have been the case once I deleted the printer in my devices and reinstalled the driver.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominicYoltrino
Contributor

OKAY WHAT THE HECK. I was switching between my 2 black cartridges out of frustration and it magically fixed itself.

Not sure what I did but I believe it was a color profile problem. I fiddled with the 3 options, in adobe acrobat pdf viewer print window, and normal windows print window, and removed and resnapped in ink cartridges about 5 times.

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_21.pngScreenshot_22.pngScreenshot_23.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DominicYoltrino
Contributor

here are some extra pictures for context

Screenshot_13.pngScreenshot_14.pngScreenshot_15.pngScreenshot_16.pngScreenshot_17.png

DominicYoltrino
Contributor

This all happened when i used my super old 2013 version of photoshop to print some files that I upped the vibrancy on, it gave me a warning it wasn't compatable with the printer. I think this may be related to the color management color profile stuff that I have no idea what it means. I printed with both "printer manages the colors" and "photoshop manages the colors" and I think the photoshop color management messed something up since it all started when I tried printing with photoshop. But I don't know how to fix it.

Screenshot_19.png

DominicYoltrino
Contributor

I dusted off my old laptop and connected it to my canon and the results are the same. So its not based on any PC setting, its a printer problem.

DominicYoltrino
Contributor

I reset the entire printer to factory settings and reconnected. the blacks are still blue. I replaced the black ink cartridge and it doesn't work either. Hmmmmmmm

DominicYoltrino
Contributor

OKAY WHAT THE HECK. I was switching between my 2 black cartridges out of frustration and it magically fixed itself.

Not sure what I did but I believe it was a color profile problem. I fiddled with the 3 options, in adobe acrobat pdf viewer print window, and normal windows print window, and removed and resnapped in ink cartridges about 5 times.

Screenshot_20.png

Screenshot_21.pngScreenshot_22.pngScreenshot_23.png

Announcements