cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mx870 won't print/copy black

Jugeef
Apprentice
I've tried several cleanings and deep cleanings, but I cannot get any black lines on the nozzle check or black copies or black printing. I even bought a new printhead and am having the same problem. Please help!
3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi Jugeef,

If you have already performed at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the printer, as well as have replaced the print head and the black ink still will not print, the printer will require servicing; please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I too am getting frustrated.  My MX870 began missing some PageBlack a bit.  I saw how to flush the printhead online and that seemed to work quite well.  But we left on a 2 month trip and the unit wasn't used for somewhat longer than that.  Then when I went to print a document, it was fairly dim.  Doing a pattern print showed the PageBlack wasn't printing at all!  I tried another tank with no change.  I cleaned and deep-cleaned repeatedly with no improvement, flushing a lot of ink through using the software option to clean only black and pageblack.  No luck.  So I tried removing the head and cleaning it again as before, but with no change this time.

Today I installed a new printhead and much to my chagrin there was still no pageblack printcheck.  What else is causing the issue?  It's hard to find anyone around that will fix these machines;  they always say it's cheaper to buy a new one.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements