cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple issues with MX922 Suddenly

Amzin
Apprentice

Hello,

I've had an MX922 for a few months now but haven't had much chance to use it. When I first got it I set it up on my network easily enough and printed a few photos, and I've printed a couple of documents a month or so ago. However, I wanted to use it today and suddenly when I turn it on, it gives a generic "error occured" and I have to turn it off/on again to clear it. Then it is not on the wireless network, I tried multiple times to get it to connect but it just sits at "connecting to access point" indefinitely, I waited up to an hour and it didn't stop or progress. So I gave up and found a USB cable to connect it directly to my PC, which worked, and printed my first photo today I'd been working on all day, but it printed out with the color all wrong (whole thing had a severe green tint to it for some reason), so I tried again but now it will no longer detect any paper in the tray. I've tried 1 photo page, a whole stack, I've tried adjusting it forward and backward and turning it off and on again and canceling and retrying and it simply cannot see paper anymore.

So, to sum up, as of this morning:

• Can no longer connect to my wireless network (despite the network not changing and not updating)
  • Printed incorrect color values
  • Can no longer detect paper in the tray to attempt further jobs

The printer has seen extremely limited use so if it's "worn out" after a few months of sitting idle and a total of maybe 4 print jobs, well... that's staggeringly bad.

Edit: Additionally, I attempted to follow links for support directly but was unable to find any "email" option since the offices are closed currently.

Edit 2: After more futzing with it, I managed to get it to print (while wired in) a test page on normal paper which came out OK, but it still won't print any more on my 4x6 photo paper (despite printing initially on it fine aside from the color). I printed out an 8.5x11 photo and it worked but still came out extremely incorrectly colored with visible lines across it, despite turning all auto adjustments off and the print preview looking normal.

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Amzin,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements