cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX925 - Black is blue on photos

olemuso
Apprentice

My MX925 has suddenly decided that everything black will now be blue when I select any type of photo paper.

I have changed inks - twice.  I have done several nozzle checks and head cleans to no avail and I have performed a full reset.

Whether I print text, graphics or photos if I select 'Plain Paper' it prints fine but if I select 'Photo Paper' anything which should be black comes out blue - and it had to happen at Christmas!!

I'm on Windows 10 with all updates.  It makes no difference which software I use for printing.  Everything has performed perfectly since I bought the printer in October 2016.

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi olemuso,

Different papers have different color properties, and images that look fine on one brand will produce off colors on a different brand.  Do you get the same effect when printing on different papers?

I look forward to your reply. 

Hello BillS, thanks for the response.

I found the solution on another forum, which was to perform a factory reset.  This cured it. 

However a few weeks ago the printer broke in the middle of a print job.  It refused to recognise that there was any paper in the cassette. 

I have since replaced it with a Canon TS8150 which I am now evaluating but am not particularly impressed with. The main reason for this being that, apart from the ridiculous price of the inks, the machine is too darned fussy and keeps asking for confirmation of paper types etc.  I also miss the extra paper cassette as having to mess around with a rear sheet feeder is a pain.

I'll see how I get on with this for a few weeks more.

Thanks agai.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements