cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 stopped printing from lower tray

GF
Apprentice

I receive error code 1008 there is no paper in the cassette (lower) when trying to print. I've filled the tray, almost emptied the tray, pushed the paper all the way forward, all the way back and nothing seems to work. Neither letter or legal size paper works. Upper tray prints fine.

Thanks Gwyn

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

So we can best assist you, please reply with the answers to the following questions:

• What version of Windows or MacOS are you running? 
  • If you make a copy directly from the printer, will it pull paper from the lower tray? 
  • Are you printing from a program like Word or printing directly on the computer like email or a website? 

We look forward to your reply. 

GF
Apprentice

Hi,

Windows 10.

I've tried both making a copy directly on the printer and sending from the computer.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If the paper has been loaded correctly and the error persists when copying or printing the printer would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your service options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements