cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 screeching after changing ink.

Benhermies
Apprentice
My printer was out of 3 ink cartridges so I changed them all. I thought I put them in correctly but now it's making a horrible screeching noise. It says to cancel the print job, turn off the printer and clear any jams, but I can't find any jams. I cant even get to the ink carrier.

Each time I turn it off and on it does the same thing.

What can I do?
3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Benhermies,

What error code appears at the top of the display on your PIXMA MX922 when this occurs?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Benhermies
Apprentice
It says "Support Code 6000"

Hi Benhermies,

The 6000 code is a general hardware failure error. Please open the printer and try to take the ink out and then put them back in making sure they click into place. If the ink carriage is over to the left or right side, please unplug the power cord to the printer and then gently try to move the ink carriage over to the middle.

If the error does not clear or the ink carriage wont move, the printer would require service. If the printer is still in it's 1 year warranty and you have a copy of the proof of purchase, you can call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements