cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 not printing color

rfgold
Apprentice

Over the last few weeks my 2-year-old MX922 started printing streaky on standard print, but printed fine on high quality, which I was OK with for the interim. But then the cyan stopped printing totally, then after a few days both the cyan and yellow stopped printing. Now only the PgBK prints. I've done several head cleanings, reinstalled the drivers, tried some new ink cartridges, and have taken out and did some cursory cleaning of the print head. Nothing has changed; only PgBK prints. I've scanned the community and other sites for answers. Doesn't seem worthwhile to try a new print head, as it might be something else entirely. Any other ideas? Thx.   

(I'll add that I've been a happy Canon printer customer for a long time. They seem to always give out after a few years, but when they work, they work quite well and give great results, compared to my overall experience with other printer manufacturers over decades.) 

3 REPLIES 3

Jeansbeans
Apprentice

I am having the same problem. My MX922 just prints in black. It does not print any of the colors. I've cleaned the print head several times, but that hasn't worked. The Canon MX printers are wonderful (when they work), but they sure have a short lifespan. I would appreciate any help!

I never did figure it out, either on my own or with others' input, so the MX922 went bye bye. I replaced it with a Canon TS6220, not nearly the same printer as the 922 and fare less costly, but it does the job for now. (I have another printer that satisfies my occasional need for an ADF.)

FYI, if you do end up replacing the 922 with a newer generation Canon that takes the 280281 ink cartridges, even though they are identical in size to the 250/251s for the 922, the new printer will not recognize the 250/251s. 

I have the same issue.  Also have performed the deep cleaning several times.  Soemtimes it starts printing fine, but then the next day I have the same old issue.  Either er're the only three pople that have this issue or no one has found a fix.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements