cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX922 Scan Feeder Crooked

mikebkatz
Apprentice

Whenever I scan using my MX922 with the document feeder on top, the final scanned page is crooked within the document. That is, everything on the page is about 10 degrees off horizontal, including the visible bottom edge of the scanned document. Is there anything that can be done to realign the paper feed to produce straighter scans?

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mikebkatz,

There is a setting in the IJ Scan Utility that can be disabled that will resolve this issue.  Please follow these steps:

1.  From the Start menu, click All Programs, Canon Utilities, IJ Scan Utility and then click on the IJ Scan Utility to start IJ Scan Utility.

2.  Click on Settings.

3.  On the left hand side, click on Document Scan.

4.  In the Scan Options section, click the [+] next to Image Processing Settings.

5.  Disable "Detect the orientation of text document and rotate image".

6.  Click OK.

Once set, please attempt to scan.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there a way to change this setting on the printer itself?

I do not want to have to install the software to make this change.

Thanks.

Hi zooks64,

What program are you currently using to scan?  Also, do you experience the same issue if you make a photocopy of a document when using the top feeder (ADF) of the printer?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Normally I just stick a thumb drive directly into the print and scan to that.

No, making a copy from the feeder did not result in crooked copies. I check to make sure the feeder wasn't feeding crookedly.

I broke down and installed the software and found a setting that fixed the issue but it wasn't the way you described in a previous post. I don't know if they software has changed since then but mine didn't look exactly like the description you gave before.

Regardless, I have resolved the issue - at least for scannign to my computer. However, I would like to know if there's a way to set that on the printer for others who will wnat to scan directly to a thumb drive and not to a computer.

GetToTheGate
Apprentice

I am having this problem as well. Like zooks said I don't know if the software has updated since the original canon employee posted. But there isn't a "Detect the orientation of text document and rotate image" to disable. 

Is it now, "Correct slanted text document." ? I have that checked currently. 

Hello.

The "Correct Slanted Document" option is the correct option for newer installations.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements